INITIAL AND SUBSIDIARY ACCOUNTS RULES
[Rules issued under sub-clause 3 of Article 9 of the Pakistan (Audit and Accounts) Order, 1973.]
1) Those rules may be called the Initial and Subsidiary Accounts Rules.
2) In these rules—
1. “Initial Accounts” mean a primary record of all money transactions affecting the revenues of the Federation or of any Province as they occur:
2. the “Order” means, The Pakistan (Audit & Accounts) Order. 1973;
3. “Treasuries” include all treasuries and sub-treasuries whether
under the control of the Federation or of a Province; and other terms and expressions have the same meanings as have been assigned to them in the Order.
3) The Auditor-General of Pakistan has been relieved from the responsibility for keeping accounts of the under-mentioned class or character: —
a) Initial Accounts required to be kept in treasuries;
b) Initial and Subsidiary Accounts that maybe required to be kept in any office or department of the Federation or as the case may be, of any Province;
c) Accounts of stores and stock that may be required to be kept in any office or department of the Federation or of a Province by order of the President or of the Governor of the Province; and
d) Trading, Manufacturing and Profit and Loss Accounts and Balance Sheets and any other Subsidiary Accounts that may be required to be kept by order of the President or of the Governor of a Province in any Department of the Federation or of the Province
4) Nothing contained in Rule 3 shall be construed as derogating from the authority of the Auditor-General of Pakistan—
a) to require any treasury, office or department keeping initial or
subsidiary accounts to render accounts of such transactions as are included in them to the audit and accounts offices under his control on such dates as he may determine ; or
b) to prescribe the form in which such accounts shall be rendered and
in which the initial accounts, from which the accounts so rendered are compiled or on which they are based, shall be kept.
Download Complete Punjab Financial Rules Volume 2