Short title, extent and commencement.— (1) This Act may be called the Punjab Agricultural Research Board Act 1997.
(2) It extends to the whole of the Province of the Punjab.
(3) It shall come into force at once.
Incorporation.— (1) The Government may establish a Board to be called the Punjab Agricultural Research Board.
(2) The Board shall be a body corporate, having perpetual succession and a common seal with powers to acquire, hold and dispose of property and shall by the said name sue and be sued.
Functions and powers of the Board.— The Board shall take all such measures as it deems necessary for the promotion, development and conduct of agricultural research in the Punjab.
Explanation.— In this Act “agricultural research” means research in respect of all subjects and activities related to crops, plants, livestock & dairy development, poultry, fisheries, forestry, wildlife, ecology, range management, agricultural engineering, water management, irrigation and such other activities and subjects as the Government may declare as “agricultural research.”
Composition of the Board.— (1) The Government shall appoint a Board, which shall consist of not more than fifteen members including the chairman.
(2) The Minister incharge of the Department shall be the chairman of the Board.
(3) Not less than five members of the Board shall be from amongst the members of the Assembly and the representatives of the farmers.
(4) The members of the Board, other than ex-officio members, shall hold office for a period of three years and shall be eligible for re-nomination: Provided that a member of the Assembly, nominated on the Board, shall hold office during his membership of the Assembly.
(5) A member of the Board, other than ex-officio members, may, by writing under his hand addressed to the chairman, resign his office.
Supervision of the Government.— The affairs of the Board shall be conducted subject to the supervision and control of the Government.
Download Complete THE PUNJAB AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH BOARD ACT 1997