NTS will conduct LAW Graduate Assessment Test (Law-Gat) on January 12, 2014 as per requirement of Pakistan Bar Council. The last date to submit form for LAW Graduate Assessment Test was December 26, 2013 but has been extended to December 31, 2013.
The Pakistan Bar Council, in view of deteriorating standard and quality of the legal education and influx of law graduates not possessing requisite knowledge of law, has decided to introduce Assessment Test of law graduates before they approach a Bar Council for enrollment as Advocate. The object is to ensure proper scrutiny and evaluation of a law graduate desirous to join the legal profession so that only competent individuals possessing necessary basic knowledge of law may enter the legal profession for practicing law. Therefore, from now on a law graduate will only become eligible to apply to a Bar Council for being enrolled as an Advocate if he/she qualifies Assessment Test to be conducted by the National Testing Service Pakistan (NTS) which has since been so authorized by the Pakistan Bar Council.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA For LAW Graduate Assessment Test (Law-Gat)
Persons having passed LL.B (final year) examination from a
University recognized by Pakistan Bar Council, with minimum
Seventeen years Education, are eligible to apply for (LAW-GAT).
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Only LAW Graduates are eligible to apply
• Candidates are required to submit LL.B. degree with copies of detailed transcript/marks certificates of 1st, 2nd and 3rd years L.L.B.examination. In case LL.B. degree has not been issued the candidate may submit detailed transcript marks certificate of LL.B. (final year) examination.
• Candidates have maximum of three chances to clear the test. NTS conducts the test thrice in a year.
• Students awaiting result are not eligible to apply.
• 50 % Score is required to qualify the assessment test.
• Candidates will have to meet other criteria, if any, as per rules and regulations of the Pakistan Bar Council.
For further details candidates are advised to visit the NTS website
regularly. List of the eligible candidates, test venue, test date and other information will be displayed on the website.
• Application form and online deposit slip are available on NTS
• Please deposit test fee of Rs.3000/- through the prescribed deposit slip at the online branches of ABL, UBL, HBL or MCB.
• Candidates are required to send their prescribed Application Form along with an online deposit slip (in original) at NTS Headquarters Islamabad.
• Deposited amount is non refundable / non transferable.
• Mobile Phone is not allowed in test center premises.
• Applications submitted by hand will not be entertained.
For further information. please contact: UAN +92-51-8444441