DHQ Hospital claims life ‘Lack of treatment’ CHINIOT: A man, who received a severe electric shock, succumbed to his injuries here at DHQ Hospital on Tuesday owing to alleged non-provision of oxygen and out-of-order generator.
Reports said welder Wasim Ahmad, 23, of Ghafoorabad locality was working at his shop on Faisalabad Road when he received a severe electric shock. He fell unconscious and was rushed to DHQ Hospital in a critical condition, but neither the life-saving drugs were available nor oxygen system could be made operational due to loadshedding and broken-down generator. As a result, Waseem succumbed to his injuries.
Later, the family staged a demonstration in front of the hospital gate alleging negligence of the administration. The protest resulted in a traffic blockade on Chiniot-Sargodha Road.
It merits mentioning that the slot of the medical superintendent has been lying vacant for the last one month. Since then EDO (Health) Arshid Mahboob Tabassum has been looking after the hospital affairs. The generator could not be repaired for the last one month.