Government of Punjab has issued following notification according to which House Rent Allowance of only one Spouse will be deducted if both are Civil Servants and availing the facility of same accommodation.
GOVERNMENT OF THE PUNJAB
Dated Lahore, the 19th April, 2013
Mr. Tarid Bajwa,
Government of the Punjab,
1) All Administrative Secretaries to Government of the Punjab.
2) The Principal Secretary to Governor, Punjab, Lahore.
3) The Principal Secretary to Chief Minister, Punjab, Lahore.
4) The Military Secretary to Governor, Punjab, Lahore.
5) The Secretary, Punjab Provincial Assembly, Lahore.
6) The Secretary, Punjab Public Service Commission, Lahore.
7) All Heads of Attached Departments in the Punjab.
8) All District Coordination Officers in the Punjab.
9) All District & Sessions Judges in the Punjab.
10) The Chief Pilot, VIP Flight, Lahore.
11) The Registrar, Lahore High Court, Lahore.
12) The Director General Audit & Accounts (Works), Lahore.
13) The Provincial Director, Local Fund Audit, Punjab, Lahore
Subject:- DEDUCTION OF HOUSE RENT ALLOWANCE OF ONLY ONE SPOUSE IF GOVERNMENT ACCOMMODATION IS ALLOTTED AND BOTH ARE GOVERNMENT SERVANTS:
I am directed to refer to this Department’s circular letters bearing No.FD.SR.I.9-8/80 dated 09.10.1991 & 23.01.1992 on the subject noted above and to state that in compliance with the directions of Federal Shariat Court in judgement dated 12.12.2012 passed in Shariat Petitions No.8/I 2004, 6/I, 8/I & 12/I of 1994, competent authority has decided to allow House Rent Allowance w.e.f. 01.07.2013 to one spouse who has not been allotted Government accommodation if both, being Government servants, are living together in Government accommodation at the same station, subject to the decision of Supreme Court of Pakistan, in case appeal is filed by Federal Government or Provincial Governments.
NO. & DATE EVEN:
A copy is forwarded for information and necessary action to:
1. The Accountant General Punjab, Lahore.
2. All the District Accounts Officers in the Punjab.
SECTION OFFICER (PR)