EXTENT OF APPLICATION
1.1. These rules, which have been issued by the Governor of Punjab under section 241 of the Government of India Act, 1935, (see Appendix I), may be called the Civil Services Rules (Punjab). They shall come into force from the 1st April, 1941.
The Punjab Civil Servants Act, 1974 was enacted on 4th June, 1974 and as per clause 23 of the said Act which is reproduced, these Rules are enforce so far ‘as these rules are not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act or rules framed thereafter.
(2) Any rules, orders or instructions in respect of any terms and conditions of service of civil servants duly made or issued by an authority competent to make them and in force immediately before the commencement of this Act shall, in so far as such rules, orders or instructions are not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, be deemed to be rules made under this Act.
1.2. (a) Except as otherwise provided in rule1.4 infra, or in any other rule or rules, these rules shall apply to all Government servants belonging to the categories mentioned below, who are under the administrative control of the Punjab Government and whose pay is debitable to the revenues of the Punjab:-
1. Members of Provincial Services;
2. Members of Subordinate Services;
3. Holders of Special Posts; and
4. any other Government servant or class of Government servants to whom the competent authority may, by general or special order, make them applicable.
The Punjab Government has framed rules for the abolition of classes on 3rd July, 1974 by Notification No. SOR-III-1-52/73, which is reproduced with subsequent No. SOR- III-1- 52/73.—In exercise of the powers conferred by section 23 of the Punjab Civil Servants Act, 1974, the Governor of the Punjab is pleased to make the following rules :- Download Complete Civil Service Rules